We understand that when we provide sustainable design and construction solutions, we’re having a positive social, environmental and economic impact that affects our clients, as well as the communities we live and work in. Generating positive outcomes beyond the built environment is part of the legacy we want to leave for future generations.
As such, we are delighted to announce that another RCC development, 32 Smith Street has achieved 6 Star Green Star Design and As Built certification from the Green Building Council of Australia.
In collaboration with the GPT Group, we proudly delivered a smart, sustainable commercial solution in the heart of Parramatta.
MORE ABOUT 32 SMITH STREET
The 32 Smith Street project involved the design and construction of a new 28,000sqm (GFA), 28 storey commercial tower in the heart of Parramatta’s CBD.
6 Star Green Star – Design and As Built Certification
RCC was originally contracted o provide a 5 Star Green Star Design & As Built development for GPT, however we were able to work collaboratively with GPT and project stakeholders to target and ultimately achieve the higher rating which we are incredibly proud of.
This certification by the Green Building Council of Australia is testament to our commitment to providing holistic sustainable outcomes for our clients, building end users and the communities we serve.
What we delivered
- 19 levels of commercial space (Level 7 – 25) which includes high rise and low-rise floors and 2 levels with outdoor terraces (Level 7 & 25).
- Glass lift shaft and 8 high-speed passenger lifts in glass lift shaft (4 Low Rise & 4 High Rise)
- 3 levels of above-ground, naturally ventilated carpark (Level 03 – 05), designed and delivered to provide GPT with the option to later convert into office space. The carpark features parking for 113 vehicles.
- 4 Levels of Plant across the development
- Level 06: EOT + Plant Room 1
- Level 26-28: Plant Room 2 + BMU
- End-of-Trip facilities for 135 internal and 16 external bicycle parks
- Public domain improvements including two new laneway links known as James Lane to the East and William Lane to the South, and enhancements to Phillip and Smith Streets
Delivered with a fully integrated building technology platform on an Integrated Communication Network (ICN), the as built model includes asset management and ability to produce a Digital twin. This intuitive, comfortable building also pays respect to the history of the site and traditional owners of the land, the Darug people, through art installations which occupants and the community can enjoy.
Congratulations to the GPT Group, Fender Katsilidis, our RCC 32 Smith Street project team and all the talented consultants and contractors involved in delivering this development and achieving this recognition of sustainable design and construction.