The NSW Police Academy is home to the next generation of the NSW Police Force’s recruits, offering lecture theatres, simulation venues, virtual weapons training facilities, scenario villages and student amenities to help best prepare students for life on the front lines as a Police Officer.
The New Accommodation project seeks to expand the Academy’s facilities to meet its requirements now and into the future, accommodating an additional 180 students.
Key features of the development include:
- Three apartment-style accommodation buildings with 180 units in total.
- Internal fitout to each unit to contain single beds, wardrobes, study area and individual bathrooms.
- Small breakout / common area to be provided to each floor.
- Construction undertaken within the live Academy grounds while ensuring operational continuity.
- Enhancing and modernising the Academy grounds to retain the existing student and staff capacities.
- Improving the working and living conditions of Police staff and students.
Client: NSW Police
Architect: Hayball Architects
Delivery Form: Design & Construction
Completion date: October 2023