Recognising the outstanding workmanship and skills of our project team and subcontractors.
We’re thrilled to share that the Tumut Hospital Redevelopment has won two accolades at the Master Builder Association’s 2023 Southern Regions Excellence in Building Awards. These awards encourage, promote and recognise best practice in residential and commercial buildings across regional New South Wales, rewarding outstanding workmanship, innovation and teamwork.
Our project team attended the ceremony in Ulladulla, collecting awards for the following:
– Commercial Projects over $40 Million
– Commercial Builder of the Year (Southern Regions)
A benchmark for regional hospital design and construction methodology, the redevelopment of Tumut Hospital involved the successful planning, design and delivery of a fully integrated, modern health service for the Tumut community and surrounding region.
The redevelopment of the site was a priority for local community groups and government, with their consultation and engagement a key component in the design and scope of the facility, including a new helipad.
The Tumut Hospital Redevelopment included:
- Enabling works including services relocation, new substation and services connections
- Inpatient beds including a rehabilitation pod and maternity pod
- Emergency Department
- Operating theatre suite and day surgery
- Wellness centre incorporating mental health services, renal services, dental services ambulatory care and outpatient services
- Pathology service with on-site laboratory
- Staff accommodation
- Site wide infrastructure upgrades to support the redevelopment (including access and services)
- Demolition of nominated existing hospital/support buildings.
The completed facility incorporates community-guided elements, including a welcoming front entrance and atrium reception, as well as courtyard relaxation spaces. A big congratulations to Health Infrastructure and Murrumbidgee Local Health District on this incredible recognition.