Redevelopment of part of the existing Sutherland Hospital for the purpose of a new and expanded Emergency Department. Works included:
- Demolition – internal and external, including of part of the northern façade, feature canopy and wall at the hospital entrance.
- New treatment spaces and resuscitation bays
- New acute inpatient beds, including a high dependency/intensive care unit
- New general medical unit
- Internal courtyards
- Additional storage space for theatres to improve efficiencies and increase the capacity of the department
- Internal refurbishment of areas within the existing hospital building adjacent to the new-build for the purpose of medical imaging and storage.
- Civil and road works to reconfigure existing roads.
- On-grade parking adjacent to the new emergency department and landscaping.
Client: Health Infrastructure
Delivery Form: D&C
Location: Sutherland, NSW
Completion date: December 2018