Client: University of Sydney
Delivery Form: Design & Construct
Location: Darlington, NSW
Value: $73 m
Completion date: February 2019
RCC has been engaged by the University of Sydney to redevelop the H01 Regiment Building, H02 Darlington Centre. The project involves the demolition of the current building and the construction of a new mixed use development integrating affordable student accommodation, community facilities and teaching spaces.
The new mixed use redevelopment will consist of:
- 656 single dorm size rooms of Circa 10.1-10.3m2 min. 5% (33 rooms) shall be Accessible/Adaptable rooms Circa 13.8m2.
- Two 2-bedroom apartments for the Deputy and Head of Hall Accommodation
- Communal lounges, games, study and music rooms, flexi spaces and kitchen facilities.
- Shared toilet and bathroom amenities.
- Shared communal laundry facilities
- Bike Storage for 175 bikes and staff end of trip facilities.
- Teaching hub, technology hub, theatre and teaching Rooms.
- Office space and meeting rooms for Student Accommodation support staff.
Public landscaped forecourt, private courtyards and landscaped roof terraces