Congratulations to our valued construction partner for being awarded the William E Kemp Award for Educational Architecture.
Congratulations to Cranbrook School, Architectus and RCC’s project team for bringing home the William E Kemp Award for Educational Architecture at the 2023 NSW Architecture Awards.
A combination of enduring architecture and connected spaces, the redevelopment will help Cranbrook School nurture students and foster learning into the next century.
“This redevelopment project incorporates two exceptional new buildings combined with beautiful outdoor settings. The Vicars Centenary Building houses purpose-designed teaching and learning spaces, a drama theatre, a chapel, and an assembly hall,” cited the Awards jury.
Key features of this project included the new Murray Rose Aquatic and Fitness Centre – situated beneath historic Hordern Oval – encompassing:
- 50m swimming pool with regulated race timing equipment and water polo layouts
- 20m Learn to Swim pool
- Grandstand to accommodate 350 spectators
- Multi-purpose sports hall catering for indoor soccer, basket and netball, cricket practice nets and a spin room
- Indoor sprint and hurdles training track
- State-of-the-art Gymnasium
- Ancillary functions across approximately 6,036sqm of new accommodation.
- New 124 space carpark
The new Hordern Oval includes:
- Full size rugby and soccer fields
- Cricket pitch and nine practice nets
- Maintenance accommodation for equipment and ground staff
Architectus led the design of the future-focused environment, with the new buildings demonstrating a strong connection to place through physical qualities inspired by “Sydney’s coastal topography of rock platforms, horizontal terraces, cantilevers and headlands.”
RCC is proud to be leading the push to future-proof education facilities across private, public and tertiary education infrastructure. We are focused on delivering outcomes that create sustainable learning outcomes for current and future generations, and are proud to have the Cranbrook School Hordern Oval Precinct redevelopment recognised in this prestigious category.