RCC met University of Sydney staff on the level 9 roof slab of the Regiment building yesterday to celebrate completing the structure! We took a moment to reflect on what has been achieved since breaking ground 6 months ago, as the ceremonial tree was craned onto the roof slab.
The only thing more impressive than the rooftop city views is the 650 tonnes of steel, 19,5000m2 of formwork and 6.650m3 of concrete that went into the structure! That’s enough concrete to full up an Olympic swimming pool twice!
To be completed in February 2019, the new development will offer affordable student accommodation, community facilities and teaching spaces.
The new $68.6m mixed use redevelopment will consist of:
- 656 single dorm size rooms of Circa 10.1-10.3m2 min. 5% (33 rooms) shall be Accessible/Adaptable rooms Circa 13.8m2
- Two 2-bedroom apartments for the Deputy and Head of Hall Accommodation
- Communal lounges, games, study and music rooms, flexi spaces and kitchen facilities
- Shared toilet and bathroom amenities
- Shared communal laundry facilities
- Bike Storage for 175 bikes and staff end of trip facilities.
- Teaching hub, technology hub, theatre and teaching rooms.
- Office space and meeting rooms for Student Accommodation support staff
- Public landscaped forecourt, private courtyards and landscaped roof terraces
Find out more about RCC’s Student Accommodation project delivery…